• High-frequency database construction and big data analysis based on China’s financial market. High-frequency data resources are the basis for continuous research on quantitative finance and financial technology. RIQF takes advantage of the existing resources of ICFT and Intelligent Computing to promote the construction of a highfrequency database of China’s derivatives market (covering financial or commodity-related futures and options), and to carry out relevant big data analysis.
• Quantitative trading strategies and asset allocation techniques. In the field of wealth management, there is a large market demand and user groups regarding trading strategies and configuration technologies for various financial assets. The research outputs in this field can help RIQF expand a wider range of academic and industry connections, and further enhance its influence.
• Research on financial stochastic modeling method and asset pricing tool platform. In the context of data processing and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies being widely used in all aspects of financial business, stochastic theory and methods are still the core of these technologies. The Institute will continue to increase investment, continue to accumulate scientific research achievements in the field of stochastic modeling, and provide core support for the development of big data analysis and artificial
intelligence technology; Technical advantages.
• Research on artificial intelligence (AI) and financial technology (Fintech) application. AI is a
new trend derived from the development of the information industry, which has a farreaching impact on financial formats and businesses. In addition to the previous achievements in the field of financial big data learning,RIQF will continuously explore and build a platform for integrating AI with algorithmic trading and asset allocation.
• Research on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Green (Carbon) Finance.In recent years, extreme changes in global climate have brought new challenges to the financial industry, and thus it brings out a new financial market form – carbon financial market. In response to these new changes and market forms, RIQF will carry out relevant cooperative researches on carbon finance in both green (carbon) finance and ESG.
• Research on Behavioral and Experimental Finance. This kind of research, combining finance and
psychology to study the financial behavior of individuals andaw well as families with experimental methods, reveals the irrational behavior and decision-making rules of the financial market. RIQF will focus on China’s financial market and domestic user groups, with a view to providing guidance on rational financial investment and decision-making behavior.
• Financial technology (Fintech) talent training program. Combined with the needs of the
cooperation units of RIQF, it will continuously carry out talent training programs in the field
of financial technology to help enterprises solve the problems of talent shortage.
1) to build a fintech research and development platform based on AI technology;
2) policy proposals on improving the investment and financing environment in Suzhou and as well as
3) to provide effective technical system for related enterprises in management of market, credit and
exchange rate risks;
4) to build an regional industry-university-research innovation platform based on fintech-driven
credit risk control.
At the same time, relying on the international education model of XJTLU, RIQF continues to promote the localization of talent training, and has successively cooperated with regional partners such as Industrial Bank, Industrial Securities, Suzhou Kunce Technology Co., Ltd., Suzhou Chengfang Cloud Technology Co., Ltd., Chuangyuan Futures, China Securities, Suzhou Broadcasting System, and Jiangsu Tinghong Law Firm to establish a practical training base for XJTLU students.
In addition, RIQF organizes all levels of industry seminars and international academic conferences on quantitative finance (including topics such as China’s financial and derivatives markets), and also cooperates with financial institutions to jointly explore the transformation of research outputs. Based on the financial cooperation network of all participants, RIQF will continue to promote comprehensive cooperation with well-known enterprises and academic institutions at home and abroad, and conduct regular academic and industry exchanges. Research in these fields can greatly promote the innovation in financial products, technology and knowledge, which will effectively help transform and upgrade SIP from an economic structure based on traditional manufacturing industry to one dominated by modern service industry. Meanwhile, it provides new added value for sustainable regional economies including Suzhou. The healthy development of RIQF can further improve the investment and financing environment of Suzhou and SIP, provide financial risk control technology systems for related enterprises, and offer basic research results for the cultivation and
development of modern financial service enterprises, thereby expanding the influence of Suzhou and SIP as the core area of the Southern Jiangsu demonstration plot for modernization.