In the fast-paced world we’re living in, those who stop learning once their school days are over risk being left behind, say Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University experts.
In the second video in XJTLU Learning Mall’s Innovators Series, 11 thought leaders from around the University share their thoughts on why lifelong learning is important.
As Professor Stuart Perrin, Associate Principal of XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang), says: “When people think of poverty, they think of poverty in terms of financial poverty, but there's technology poverty and there's knowledge poverty as well. Those who don't continue to learn as they go through life are going to suffer from knowledge poverty.”
Check out the video below:
Thanks to the following people for their comments and expertise:
• Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President of XJTLU
• Professor Chris Harris, incoming Vice President of Academic Affairs
• Professor Qiuling Chao, Vice President of XJTLU
• Professor Gisela Löhlein, Head, Department of Architecture and Design
• Dr Bill Boland, Director of XJTLU Learning Mall
• Professor Roberto Dona, Associate Dean of Professional Engagement, IBSS
• Dr Xiaojun Zhang, Dean of ILEAD
• Charlie Reis, Educational Developer, Educational Development Unit
• Dr Xin Bi, Director for Centre for Knowledge and Information
• Professor Stuart Perrin, Associate Principal of XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
• Roland Sherwood, Manager of Educational Development Unit
By Patricia Pieterse
Image by elliepeek from Pixabay
For more information please contact...
NameUniversity Marketing and Communications