In the third video of the Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University Learning Mall Innovators Series, our team of 10 experts discuss the role and value of online education when it comes to lifelong learning.
As discussed by our experts in the previous videos in this series, lifelong learning is essential to growth. However, the number of people who are able to attend a physical class, especially later in life, is constrained by factors like distance and time.
This, our experts explain, is where online learning comes in. “Online learning opens up lifelong learning for a much wider audience of people,” says Roland Sherwood, Manager, Educational Development Unit.
For more, watch the video below:
Thanks to the following people for their comments and expertise:
• Dr Xiaojun Zhang, Dean of ILEAD
• Professor Gisela Loehlein, Head, Department of Architecture and Design
• Charlie Reis, Educational Developer, Educational Development Unit
• Roland Sherwood, Manager, Educational Development Unit
• Dr Xin Bi, Director, Centre for Knowledge and Information
• Professor Stuart Perrin, Associate Principal, XJTLU Entrepreneur College (Taicang)
• Professor Chris Harris, Dean, School of Languages
• Professor Roberto Dona, Associate Dean of Professional Engagement, IBSS
• Professor Youmin Xi, Executive President
• Dr Bill Boland, Director, XJTLU Learning Mall
By Patricia Pieterse