Applications are invited for teaching assistant (TA) positions in the Department of Civil Engineering at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). The TA positions are open for all qualified interested graduate students (Masters and PhD students) on campus of XJTLU or other graduates in Suzhou. All applications will be considered by the recruiting panel which consists of two or more academic staffs in the Department.
XJTLU Master’s students, XJTLUPhD students, and postgraduate (Master’s and PhD) students from other universities
1. Leading the tutorial sessions and software demonstration
2. Answering students’ questions related to tutorial contents
3. Marking of assessment questions related to tutorial contents with appropriate training and supervision of the module leader
4. Other appropriate activities as determined by academic units
At the discretion of relevant academic units, XJTLU PhD students may be permitted to undertake the following additional responsibilities with appropriate training and guidance:
1. Delivery of occasional formal lectures and/or seminars within their area of expertise after having received appropriate training and initial supervision from their supervisor or the respective Module Leader. Such training might be provided by individual academic units, or the Education Development Unit (EDU). Relevant health and safety issues should be covered in this training.
2. Assistance in marking of summative assessments with appropriate training and under the supervision of the module leader, subject to prior approval from the Head of the academic unit delivering the module. However, they must never act as the sole examiner on any summative assessment. All assessment tasks marked by XJTLU PhD students must be moderated, and they are not permitted to act as moderators.
Applicants should submit their application to Fangyu.firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug.04,2023.
Applicants are required to provide their CVs and academic transcripts of previous studies.
For XJTLU students, please apply for TA positions through the Teaching Assistant Management System(TAMS) https://axitlu.edu.cn directly.
The interview is expected to be arranged afterwards, and decisions will be made within 2 weeks after the interview.